Monday, August 17, 2015

Criss Cross Twig Wreath

Things never stay quiet long...the summer has flown by, school has started (and after school activities) and we are busy busy again.  But, I did create this wreath for a church craft night.  Well, I bought the wreath and put the stuff on the wreath.  It's not completely finished.  The decorations on the wreath can be traded out, but I haven't finished the next set of decorations.  I have another week or two to figure that out.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Pieced Baby Quilt

Here is a baby quilt or wall hanging that is almost exactly like this one listed in my etsy shop.  The colors are slightly different and include more teals.  This one isn't listed in my shop because I sent it to Things You WOOD Love.  So if you're in Elkhorn, Nebraska, drop by and visit!  I've got a few quilts there for sale and you can see them up close and in person. 

I love the pattern on the back created by the quilting!  So fun!

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Baby Quilt for Sister in Law

Mr. Jigg's sister just had had her first baby.  We were all really excited to welcome that baby boy into the family!  I figured she didn't have a million quilts and blankets from other children so I could make one for her.  I love having a reason to make new quilts!  And I really love how this one turned out.  Hope I get to meet the little man and drink in his little "babyness".

This quilt is based off the quilt and tutorial over on  Must Love Quilts.  Such beautiful designs!  Come to think of it, I haven't shared the quilt I made for Pigg#1's bed.  It was based off one of her designs too.  Guess I'll have to photograph and share that soon.

I'd love to make a quilt for you too!  I'm up for all sorts of designs.  Send me and email or pop over to my etsy page and send me a message so we can talk about it.  

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Another Rag Quilt

I got the second rag quilt up on Etsy!  I really like this one as well.  It's still in my favorite color (aqua/teal) scheme, but with an ombre pattern to the fabrics.  Go take a look!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Long Time...

I've been absent from this blog for quite some time...and a lot has happened keeping me busy and away from taking the extra steps of blogging about my crafting!  Just to name a few major ones...Pigg#4 was born, and turned one!  She's a beautiful, spunky girl who will probably make her debut on here eventually.  Mr. Jiggs has also been traveling a lot attending conferences and interviewing for fellowship positions.  (Which we got one!  Hurray!)  

But today I'm posting because I listed a quilt on Etsy!  I've really come to enjoy quilting in the past year but can't think up enough excuses to make a quilt.  So I decided I'd try the Etsy thing again.  I'm starting out small and simple with a rag quilt.  I used some of my favorite colors (teal and lime) and I adore the back of the quilt.  Simple yet unique.  Go check it out!  The shop name is JillyannJiggs.

I have another rag quilt made and photographed.  Hopefully I will get it up there soon too!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pink Ombre Puff Quilt

This is the big project I've been thinking about for almost 9 months and been sewing for at least 2 months.  I made a practice one right after Christmas with fabric my MIL gave me.  And then miracle of miracles, I found flannel at Joann's that was the shades I had been looking for.  And then I found Coral Sheets at Wal-mart on clearance.  At least it seemed like a miracle because I could not find fabric in coral for the 6 months I looked prior to then.  And I was working on putting together a color scheme of solids online, but then my computer crashed and I lost all of that work.  Anyways, it took a long time, I'm happy it is finished, but I have 2 more cut out for the boys.  So I probably won't be doing much else crafting around her until those are finished.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Star Wars Softies

Pigg #1 got invited to a birthday party and I needed a present for him to take.  The little boy LOVES Star Wars, especially Storm Troopers.  So this is what Pigg #1 and I decided to do for him.


First I made Chewbacca, because I thought he'd take less time and then I'd at least have SOMETHING for the party.

And then I made a Storm Trooper.  This is the second version and I think it is pretty darn cute!

 I made up the shapes and patterns myself and I'm so happy with how they turned out!


Lighting was not what I had hoped for this morning because of winter weather, but the party is tonight, so we took picture anyways. 

 Pigg#3 likes Chewie.

And Pigg#1 likes them both.

But thinks the storm trooper is cool and that his friend is going to love it!

Personally, I like Chewie best.  He's kind of like a tough teddy bear.